Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The Whole Point

Many go through life searching for and pondering their God-given gifts, their talents, their niche.  For some, that's their goal-- "find out what my natural abilities and gifts are and use them to make a difference in the world..."  I discovered mine was writing when I was in college.  I entered college with the stereotypical young girl's dream, "holding life by the tail," as my father still tells teenagers.  I was going to study something in the medical field- nursing, specifically, so I could meet my future husband - (a doctor, duh), and graduate with a BS and an MRS.  But, it all changed course (literally), when I took my first undergraduate biology class.  I still graduated with the BS and the MRS, but I met my future husband in the college of Journalism and Communications.
I chose Public Relations as my major, because I breezed through English classes, and my parents raised me with a strong focus on presentation and communication skills... from table manners, to proper grammar, to how to talk to an adult.  Through college, careers, and life circumstances, I've learned I'm a pretty good writer.
My closest friends and family know I love Jesus, karaoke, grammar and commas.  In that order.  But, with every strength comes a fault... mine is that I'm better at writing than talking.  Oh, I have words.  Always.  And just as I have been hurt or embarrassed by others' spoken words, I have a super amazing ability to do the same.  I speak slow, but I get ALL the words out, and then wish I could shove them back in or change their order.  So, I prefer to do all of my "talking" in the written form.  If I'm mad at you:  I would much prefer to write you a letter, so I can write down all of the biting comments I'm dying to make... and then backspace, saving us both from the consequences.

So, getting to the point of this blog's birth: The name of my new blog is, REALtor LIFE with Krissy.  Given all I've told you about my loves and skills, of course I love an opportunity to use limericks, poetry and play on words.  This blog is about my "real" life most of all, because it's pretty darn funny if I do say so myself.   But, I've also started a new career as a Realtor (after a 13 year hiatus - or as my husband calls it, "retirement from substitute teaching," because he's also ridiculously funny).  I entered 2019 with a resolution to use my recent experiences with multiple relocations, my love of building relationships, and my strong communication skills, to pursue a Georgia Real Estate license.  With the support of my funny husband, I went through the fastest and most intensive schooling and testing I've been through in years, passed the state exam on the first try (fellow realtors know this ain't easy) and obtained my license by the end of February.  I was so excited and confident in my ability to make a difference in the lives of so many people like me who struggled with all aspects of moving on and moving in!
I've had so much fun showing homes, hosting open houses and doing all of the realtor things for other agents who have been so kind to extend the opportunities to me, for experience and lead generation.  I am confident I've made the right choice in my career.  But, Dude... it's the middle of June.  Crickets on the new client front.  I've been asked by ALL my friends and family, and even new colleagues... "How's the new job going?"  I cringe.  I must be REAL in my response...because I love reality tv (which my besties also know about me) and I prefer to do it in writing, where I can bite your head off for asking me such a stupid question, like "Have you sold any houses yet?"  So, hence the birth of REALtor LIFE with Krissy.  Maybe someday, hopefully soon, I can change REALtor to REALTOR, because it will be more of who I am.  But, the whole point of this blog is to build my business.  So, here we are... my first step.  A blog about who I am and what I bring to the table as your Realtor.

That's the point of this blog.  I want to reach as many people as possible.  I want everyone to know what I'm doing, instead of just how I'm doing. Everyone knows if they're buying or selling a home, a Realtor can get you through the transaction quickly and successfully.  But, I can tell you this after going through a few transactions, in a few different states, with a few different realtors:  The ones who left me with the best feelings at the closing table, were the ones who I really knew were on my side.  The ones who wanted me to win, and not just collect the commission check.  ...and I did not experience that with every one.  But, that's what has motivated me to select this career.  I want to help you win.  I want to make a difference in this life-changing, milestone event of home buying and selling!

So, please subscribe to my new blog, follow along with me as I navigate real estate sales, and share with your friends.  I promise to be real.  I promise to do my best to provide good content on real estate market trends, staging, decorating, and house hunting.  Now of course, you can just check in periodically to see when I sell a home.  But I can promise you this:  When I sell my first home, you will know!  And you won't have to come to this blog find out.  You might just hear my shouts of elation, if you open your window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Home's Laundry room Face-lift

So, the good news is, I've been busy doing all of the Realtor things!  The bad news is, I left my blog hanging with a promise of more be...