Laundry Room: I've always wanted a fabulous laundry room. My mindset was that the bigger, more organized "a place for everything", fresh colors and high-end finishes, the happier I'd be to spend time there.
Yet, when given an opportunity to go all-out in the laundry room with our Alabama build, I found myself hesitant to go through with the expense. Instead, I was more excited about spending that budget money on a special ceiling in the foyer and master bedroom, or a custom "hidden office space" behind a rustic barn door. That experience helped me cope with the state of my Georgia Home's work room. The upside to the tiny laundry space, is that I could go with more elaborate tile finishes with little impact on my renovation budget.
The Before laundry room featured an emerald-green, marbled vinyl flooring. It had a tear in it from moving machines out, so even if I wanted to try to work with the outdated floor, it had to go. I replaced it with a retro black and white small basket-weave ceramic tile flooring. To the wall above the washer/dryer, I added a black geometric back splash tile with white grout. The old, large, bucket style utility sink was replaced with a more modern- yet still retro style- sink/cabinet combo. A bargain from Wayfair. The small boob light was replaced with a farmhouse black and nickel light.
While I'd still love more room to move around in the laundry room, the cute retro farmhouse feel of my refreshed tiny space makes it totally liveable. The entire cost of my laundry renovation came in right around $1,200.
Before After




No comments:
Post a Comment