Monday, June 24, 2019
How to be Sure You're on the Right Path
I spent a few days in Alabama visiting my friends. After a few hours of catching up on life events over the last six months or so since I saw them last, we moved quickly on to the deep stuff, as close friends often do. We were discussing the desire to walk in God's will for our lives and our fear that we've missed a door he's opened, or chosen our own path instead of His. I was reminded how I've struggled with these thoughts of missing God's life boat/door openings/path, (whatever that is for you) specifically in my decision to pursue a career in Real Estate Sales. I expected the insecurities of am I gonna be any good at this, or will I be successful, but I didn't expect to feel so discouraged when a few months went by with no solid leads or promising contracts for my business. I began to question if I was on the path God intended for me; or had I forced my own way with all of this?
So, here's the kicker: I didn't even bring all of this internal conflict up... my friend was sharing of her and her husband's desire to discern and follow God's will for their lives. The couple had spoken the words, "I sure hope I'm walking in His will". I asked if she'd allow me to speak into that comment from experience, and as God often does, I was receiving my own revelation through speaking truth to a loved one:
When I've come to my spiritual mentor, my mother, with this concern, she shared something that brought me zero peace or revelation until years later when I looked back and saw it proven right. She said, "If you truly desire God's will above your own, and you do everything in your power to align yourself with it (prayer, meditation, reading his word, etc.), you can not miss out on His will. So, to my friend's concern, I shared I've been right where she is standing, and my advice is to rest. Rest in the peace of knowing that if you desire what God wants for your life, He promises to grant the desires of your heart-- Because that's what He's willed for you. So, it's impossible to miss the signs ;walk through the wrong door ;wrongly accept the promotion; or say yes to a move or new career. God will use his power, influence, and miracles to move you onto the path he's prepared for your life.
Are you facing a big decision? Pray first, and align your desires with His. Come to him with a
"yes heart," before you've even discerned what He's saying to you, and He WILL TAKE CARE OF THE REST. This is just as much for me (maybe more) as it is for you, reader. I'm not getting my way. It doesn't look the way I thought it would almost four months into my new career, but I'm certain I'm in His will. He got me here and he'll bless my heart's desire and make me successful.
Here are two scriptures God put on my heart to strengthen my confidence in sharing this:
"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me. for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30
"...all your life, no one will be able to hold out against you. In the same way I was with Moses, I'll be with you, I won't give up on you; I won't leave you. Strength! Courage! You are going to lead this people to inherit the land that I promised to give their ancestors. Give it everything you have, heart and soul. Make sure you carry out The Revelation that Moses commanded you, every bit of it. Don't get off track, either left or right, so as to make sure you get where you're going. And don't for a minute let this Book of the Revelation be out of mind. Ponder and meditate on it day and night, making sure you practice everything written in it. Then you'll get where you're going; then you'll succeed. Haven't I commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don't be timid; don't get discouraged. GOD, your God, is with you every step you take."
Joshua 1:8 MSG
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Home's Laundry room Face-lift
So, the good news is, I've been busy doing all of the Realtor things! The bad news is, I left my blog hanging with a promise of more be...
-
Over the next couple weeks, I've decided to re-share some of the updates we did after purchasing our home last summer. The simple updat...
-
I spent a few days in Alabama visiting my friends. After a few hours of catching up on life events over the last six months or so since I ...
No comments:
Post a Comment